Further education area reviews: how they work
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and Department for Education
- Part of:
- Further education area reviews: guidance for providers, Further education and sixth-form college governors, Further education and training, and Further education and skills administration
- First published:
- 8 September 2015
- Last updated:
- 1 March 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
Guidance for sixth-form and further education colleges explaining how the area reviews will work.
This guidance sets out the national framework for area reviews of the post-16 education and training sector.
It explains how area reviews will be carried out by local providers and stakeholders working with the:
- Further Education Commissioner
- Sixth-Form College Commissioner
- Education Funding Agency
- Skills Funding Agency
You should also read ‘Reviewing post-16 education and training institutions’.
Published: 8 September 2015
Updated: 1 March 2016
- Updated to include lessons learned and additional information on the restructuring facility, national benchmarks for FE and SF colleges, and academisation for post-16 providers.
- First published.