The original source of the medical appeal forms A-E was PNB Joint Circular 03/19 - Managing Ill-Health Retirement. Minor changes have been made to Forms A and B since then, to reflect the administrative procedures of the new provider, Health Management Limited, in arranging dates for board hearings. The PNB circular is not hosted on this site, as it is owned by the Police Negotiating Board.
Note that the regulations relating to injury benefits are now to be found in the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006 No. 932). The following list of regulations formerly in the Police Pensions Regulations 1987, and the corresponding regulation in the 2006 Injury Benefit Regulations, may still be helpful:
- Regulation A11 of the Police Pensions Regulations 1987 is now regulation 6 of the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006
- Regulation A13 is now regulation 8
- Regulation B4 is now regulation 11
- Regulation C2 is now regulation 13
- Regulation C3 is now regulation 14
- Regulation D2 is now regulation 17
- Regulation D3 is now regulation 18
- Regulation E1 is now regulation 20
- Regulation K2 is now regulation 37
- Also, regulations H1 to H7 are now regulations 30 to 36 but only for the purposes of injury awards.
- Regulation A12 is now regulation 7 but only for the purposes of injury awards.
- Schedule H is now schedule 6 but only for the purposes of injury awards
- Regulation 4 of the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 1987 is now regulation 12 of the Police (Injury Benefit) Regulations 2006
- Regulation 5 is now regulation 21