The results of the £12.5 million Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) competed fund.
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) has awarded £31.55 million to PCCs to provide victims’ support services from 1 October 2014 in their local areas.
MOJ has allocated the funding using a simple and transparent population based formula. The breakdown of funding is as follows:
- £24 million for victims’ services
- £6.25 million for restorative justice (this sum is not ring-fenced)
- £1.3 million to support victims of sexual /domestic violence (this sum is not ring-fenced)
MOJ invited PCCs to compete for additional funding in April 2014 to help support victims in the priority categories:
- victims of the most serious crimes
- persistently targeted victims
- victims who are vulnerable or intimidated
The results of the competitive process were announced on 3 July 2014, with £12.5m being allocated to successful PCCs.