Use form R185 (Pension scheme admin) to provide a trust information about a taxable lump sum death benefit.
PDF, 243KB, 2 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
If you are a pension scheme administrator, use form R185 (Pension scheme admin) when making a payment to a trustee, who is not a bare trustee, funded by one of the following lump sum death benefits that was subject to the special lump sum death benefits charge under section 206 Finance Act 2004:
- defined benefits lump sum death benefit
- uncrystallised funds lump sum death benefit
- drawdown pension fund lump sum death benefit
- flexi-access drawdown fund lump sum death benefit
- pension protection lump sum death benefit
- annuity protection lump sum death benefit
You should provide this within 30 days of making the payment.
The trust receiving the payments should keep this form. The trust will need this so they can provide this information to the beneficiary.