Penalty notices for disorder: guidance for police officers
Guidelines for police officers on how and when to issue fines for offences such as being drunk and disorderly or dropping litter.
Applies to England and Wales
The document includes guidance on:
- which officers can issue the penalties
- how to decide if a penalty is appropriate
- how to issue a notice and explain it to somebody
- what to do after you issue the notice
- when you can use an educational course as an alternative
It also includes a list of offences for the lower tier (£60) and upper tier (£90) penalties.
Published 24 June 2014