Open general export licence (military surplus vehicles)
Licence for the export of surplus military vehicles.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export of surplus military vehicles previously owned by the Ministry of Defence.
To get confirmation of previous ownership you can write to:
Ministry of Defence - Disposal Services Authority
Building 9 - 'H' Site
Oxon, OX25 2LD
Alternatively, you can call the Ministry of Defence Disposal Services Authority helpline on 01869 258625 or email them at email@example.com.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
Published: 30 June 2011
Updated: 20 January 2017
- Changes to destination countries in schedule 2: Central African Republic added, Serbia and Montenegro listed as distinct countries.
- 'South Sudan' added to Schedule 2 (Destinations concerned). MOD security requirements clarified. Clause added referring to pre-visit questionnaires.
- Removed South Sudan from list of prohibited destinations. This change will be made formally when we update the licence with other changes later in March.
- Correction: South Sudan added to Schedule 2 (destinations).
- Licence amended to add Russia to the list of non-permitted destinations following the EU arms embargo.
- Updated to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.