Licence for the export of historic military goods which are worth less than £35,000 and were manufactured before 1897.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export of historic military goods from the UK or any other EU member state where the exporter is established in the UK, providing the goods are worth less than £35,000 and were manufactured before 1897. It also covers reproductions of muzzle-loaded weapons based on originals manufactured before 1897.
All previous licences are revoked.
This licence is subject to reporting requirements under the transparency initiative.
Published: 30 June 2011
Updated: 20 January 2017
- Changes to destination countries listed under schedule 2: Central African Republic added, Serbia and Montenegro listed as distinct countries.
- Changes to rating code PL5001 listed under Schedule 1 (Goods concerned). Pre-visit questionnaire clause added.
- Republished to reflect the fact that South Sudan has been added to the schedule of destinations.
- Correction: South Sudan added to Schedule 2 (destinations).
- Licence amended to add Russia to the list of non-permitted destinations following the EU arms embargo.
- Updated to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.