Open general export licence (export after exhibition or demonstration: military goods)
Licence for the export of military goods that have been temporarily imported into the UK for exhibition or demonstration.
This open general export licence (OGEL) allows, subject to certain conditions, the export of military goods to certain destinations if they have been temporarily imported into the UK for exhibition or demonstration purposes.
All previous licences are revoked.
Published: 30 June 2011
Updated: 20 January 2017
- Changes to countries in schedule 2: Central African Republic added, Serbia and Montenegro listed as distinct countries, Ivory Coast and Liberia removed.
- Changes to rating codes ML8 and PL5001. Addition of 'South Sudan' to Schedule 2 (destinations concerned). MOD security requirements clarified.
- This licence has been republished in light of the continuing suspension of military cooperation with Russia.
- A paragraph has been added to the Conditions and Requirements explaining that it will automatically run out if not used within a 2 year period.
- Incorrect paragraph on reporting (was section 4 (6)) has been deleted.
- Corrected text - removed Croatia from list of excluded destinations.
- On 1 January 2014 the text under 'Conditions and requirements' of this licence was updated in error. This has been corrected and the previous licence has been republished.
- Updated guidance to reflect new reporting process in connection with the transparency initiative.
- First published.