Find out more about the impact of our investment in R&D across our estate.
Our R&D investments have resulted in:
- safer working environments through the development of innovative remote technologies, including laser cutting, robotics and improved radiation detection
- more funding for the supply chain through our collaborations with other public organisations
- a vibrant supply chain working to solve long-standing technical challenges
- a sustained programme of academic research into nuclear decommissioning
- the establishment of a unique, world-class research centre, the £20 million Dalton Cumbrian Facility (DCF), specialising in radiation science and decommissioning engineering