Notified bodies for medical devices
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Regulatory guidance for medical devices, Patient safety, and Medical devices regulation and safety
- 18 December 2014
- Last updated:
- 22 June 2017, see all updates
Guidance on what notified bodies are, what they do and how you can become one.
PDF, 119KB, 14 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) guidance covers:
- the legislation which governs medical devices
- the role of the notified body
- lists of approved notified bodies
- how to become a notified body
Published: 18 December 2014
Updated: 22 June 2017
- Link to 'EU Notified Bodies' changed.
- First published.