© Crown copyright 2019
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-to-exporters-201907-ogel-for-export-of-dual-use-items-to-eu-member-states-updated/notice-to-exporters-201907-ogel-for-export-of-dual-use-items-to-eu-member-states-updated
This licence will come into force if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
The Department for International Trade has updated the open general export licence (OGEL) for export of dual-use items to EU member states.
The list of items excluded from the scope of this licence has been amended to ensure the OGEL is in line with Article 9.4a of Council Regulation (EC) No. 428/2009, as retained by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (‘the Retained Regulation’). This means the OGEL excludes items listed in Annex IIg of the Retained Regulation. As a result, an individual licence will be required for export of any of these items to the EU or the Channel Islands once the UK leaves the EU.
For information, Annex IIg covers:
- all items specified in Annex IV,
- 0C001 ‘Natural uranium’ or ‘depleted uranium’ or thorium in the form of metal, alloy, chemical compound or concentrate and any other material containing one or more of the foregoing,
- 0C002 ‘Special fissile materials’ other than those specified in Annex IV,
- 0D001 ‘Software’ specially designed or modified for the ‘development’, ‘production’ or ‘…’ of goods specified in Category 0, in so far as it relates to 0C001 or to those items of 0C002 that are excluded from Annex IV,
- 0E001 ‘Technology’ in accordance with the Nuclear Technology Note for the ‘development’, ‘production’ or ‘…’ of goods specified in Category 0, in so far as it relates to 0C001 or to those items of 0C002 that are excluded from Annex IV,
- 1A102 Resaturated pyrolised carbon-carbon components designed for space launch vehicles specified in 9A004 or sounding rockets specified in 9A104,
- 1C351 Human and animal pathogens and ‘toxins’,
- 1C353 Genetic elements and genetically modified organisms,
- 1C354 Plant pathogens,
- 1C450.a.1. amiton: O,O-Diethyl S-[2-(diethylamino)ethyl] phosphorothiolate (78-53-5) and corresponding alkylated or protonated salts,
- 1C450.a.2. PFIB: 1,1,3,3,3-Pentafluoro-2-(trifluoromethyl)-1-propene (382-21-8),
- 7E104 ‘Technology’ for the integration of flight control, guidance and propulsion data into a flight management system for optimisation of rocket system trajectory,
- 9A009.a. Hybrid rocket propulsion systems with total impulse capacity exceeding 1.1 MNs,
- 9A117 Staging mechanisms, separation mechanisms and interstages usable in ‘missiles’
Export Control Joint Unit
3 Whitehall Place
Telephone 020 7215 4594
Contact for general queries about strategic export licensing.
This notice is for information only and has no force in law. If the information here applies to your business, we recommend you take appropriate action, including seeking legal advice if necessary.
Notices to exporters
All notices published since July 2016 can be found on the Notices to Exporters collection page.
You can find:
- Notices to Exporters from September 2012 to July 2016 at the National Archives
- Notices to Exporters prior to September 2012 at the National Archives
Sign up to receive email alerts to notices to exporters.