- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Import and export notices: alphabetical order, Import and export notices: numerical order, and Import and export: customs declarations, duties and tariffs
- 1 February 2014
- Last updated:
- 30 March 2017, see all updates
This notice explains what happens when you import or export goods by post using Royal Mail or Parcelforce Worldwide.
This notice cancels and replaces Notice 143 (May 2016). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
Published: 1 February 2014
Updated: 30 March 2017
- Article 165 of EC Regulation (EEC) 2454/93 has been replaced with Article 139 of the Implementing regulation 2015/2447.
- Changes include: * amendment to show increase in the level for which a formal customs declaration is required * revised legislation brought in under the Union Customs Code * increase in Gift Aid allowance
- This notice cancels and replaces Notice 143 (January 2016). Details of any changes to the previous version can be found in paragraph 1.2 of this notice.
- Due to legislative changes the exchange rate and customs duty waiver have been revalorised
- First published.