Non-tech. summaries 2014: projects on musculoskeletal disorders
Projects granted during 2014 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human musculoskeletal disorders.
PDF, 240KB, 25 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human musculoskeletal disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- analysis and therapy of neuromuscular disease (DMD, muscular dystrophy, muscle, mdx)
- biomaterials for regenerative / oral and maxillofacial surgery (biomaterials, surgery, tissue engineering, orthopaedic)
- strategies for orthopaedic translational research (orthopaedics, bone, cartilage, tendon)
- antibiotic treatment for chronic back pain (antibiotic, back, pain, bacteria, infection)
- muscle loss in chronic disease (muscle wasting, muscle regeneration)
- rabbit cartilage defect model (cartilage, defects, rabbit, cells, scaffolds)
- developing improved understanding and better treatments for bone and joint disease (arthritis, osteoporosis, fractures, cancer)