Projects granted during 2014 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research: other human disorders.
PDF, 354KB, 44 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research - other human disorders, including:
- respiratory disorders
- gastrointestinal disorders including liver
- immune disorders
- urogenital/reproductive disorders
The following projects were granted:
- gene transfer to small animals (gene therapy, genetic disease)
- development of assays to quantify gluten content in gluten-free foods (coeliac disease, gluten, monoclonal antibodies)
- zebrafish as a model of inherited renal disease (cystic kidney, cilial, treatment, pronephros)
- neurodevelopmental disorders: causes and treatment (autism, schizophrenia, genes, environmental risk factors, phenotyping)
- development of diagnostics and therapeutics for pancreatitis (pancreatitis; acute; chronic; diagnostics; therapeutics)
- models of airway inflammation (respiratory, inflammation, in-vivo, infection, PK/PD)
- novel therapies to treat autoimmune diseases (diabetes, multiple sclerosis, EAE, lupus, psoriasis)
- immunology studies to support drug discovery (immunology, inflammation)
- genetic models to study inflammatory diseases (inflammation, arthritis, infection, PAR-2, MKP-2)
- interventions against chlamydia (chlamydia, macaque, vaccine, efficacy, immunogenicity)
- mechanisms and treatments of renal transplant-related injury in mouse models (ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury, immunosuppressant-cyclosporine A (CsA), erythropoietin (EPO) derived new cyclic helix B surface peptide (CHBP), caspase-3 small interfering RNA (siRNA) and genetic modified mice)
- finding treatments for chronic kidney disease (kidney, fibrosis, CKD)