This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: cardiovascular disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- preclinical evaluation of ex vivo generated blood cells (stem cell expansion, cultured blood)
- understanding maladaptation in the failing heart (heart failure, signalling)
- heart transplantation using circulatory determined death donors (heart, transplant, circulatory determined death)
- inflammation and arterial disease (inflammation, heart, artery, diet)
- microbiological and immunological aspects of equine periodontitis (horse, periodontitis, tooth loss, bacterial gene sequencing, immune response)