Projects granted during 2013 under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
PDF, 676KB, 107 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines 34 projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2013.
The first 10 projects are:
- environmental regulation of fish physiology (fish, environment, reproduction, stress, growth)
- mechanisms of cortical oscillations in health and disease (neuron, oscillation, neocortex, neurology, psychiatry)
- effect of shift-work on adipose circadian rhythms (circadian, sleep, shift-work, desynchrony, metabolism)
- environmental sensitivity of subclinical disease resistance and resilience in farm animals (environmental, sensitivity, disease, farm animals)
- safety testing using small animal species (regulatory safety assessment small animal)
- safety assessment studies - method development and validation (safety assessment studies method development)
- interaction between dell cycle regulation, development, and diseases (cell cycle, development, human diseases, cancer, retinal disorders)
- to study the epidemiology and pathogenesis of the diseases (virus, salmonid, IHN, VHS, aquaculture)
- glucocerebrosidase deficit in Parkinson’s disease (glucocerebrosidase, Gbal, Parkinson’s disease, alpha-synuclein)
- regulation of muscle stem cell function and metabolism (adult stem cells; muscle; regeneration; ageing; metabolism)