Projects granted during 2013 under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
This document outlines 34 projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2013.
The first 10 projects are:
- environmental regulation of fish physiology (fish, environment, reproduction, stress, growth)
- mechanisms of cortical oscillations in health and disease (neuron, oscillation, neocortex, neurology, psychiatry)
- effect of shift-work on adipose circadian rhythms (circadian, sleep, shift-work, desynchrony, metabolism)
- environmental sensitivity of subclinical disease resistance and resilience in farm animals (environmental, sensitivity, disease, farm animals)
- safety testing using small animal species (regulatory safety assessment small animal)
- safety assessment studies - method development and validation (safety assessment studies method development)
- interaction between dell cycle regulation, development, and diseases (cell cycle, development, human diseases, cancer, retinal disorders)
- to study the epidemiology and pathogenesis of the diseases (virus, salmonid, IHN, VHS, aquaculture)
- glucocerebrosidase deficit in Parkinson’s disease (glucocerebrosidase, Gbal, Parkinson’s disease, alpha-synuclein)
- regulation of muscle stem cell function and metabolism (adult stem cells; muscle; regeneration; ageing; metabolism)