Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of protection of the natural environment and preservation of species.
PDF, 475KB, 65 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of protection of the natural environment and preservation of species.
The following projects were granted:
- improving livestock production efficiency, quality and safety (livestock production, product quality, environmental protection, product safety)
- determining red fox movement patterns around breeding birds of conservation concern (fox, tagging, collar, capture, conservation)
- acoustic fish tracking in tidal waters (acoustic tracking, salmon, trout, eel)
- ecology of small carnivores and their prey (wildlife conservation, predator-prey, ecology)
- detection of C. botulinum spores/toxin (clostridium, botulinum, toxin, spores, bioassay)
- chemicals and fish research (toxicity testing, environmental pollutants)
- assessment of medicines for the treatment of external parasites of farmed fish (salmon, aea bass, parasites, medicines)
- assessing the risks to fish of environmental stressors (fish, risk assessment, chemicals, environmental stressors)
- lungworm vaccine primary production (dictyocaulus viviparous)
- studies of virulence in human and animal fungal infections (fungi, virulence, infection)
- exposure of animals to animal viruses for diagnosis and characterisation (animal, viruses, diagnosis, characterisation)
- effects on metabolism and endocrine pharmacology (metabolism, endocrine, safety, efficacy, pharmacology)
- environmental toxicity, metabolism and fate of materials (ecotoxicology, metabolism, fate)
- monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production (monoclonal, polyclonal, antibody)
- the fitness and evolutionary consequences of environmental variation (selection, environmental change, diversity, speciation)
- water pollution and salmon magnetoreceptivity (atlantic salmon, olfaction, magnetoreceptivity, migration, water pollution)
- examining dietary specialisations in buzzards (predation, dietary specialisation, buzzard, isotope)
- ecology of dormice (hazel dormice, habitat management, radiotracking, forestry)
- avian malaria in migratory and resident birds (migratory bird, resident bird, blood parasite, avian malaria)