Non-tech. summaries 2015: projects on maintenance of colonies
Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of maintenance of genetically altered animal colonies.
PDF, 240KB, 28 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of protection of maintenance of genetically altered animal colonies.
The following projects were granted:
- breeding, archiving and re-derivation of genetically altered or natural mutant animals (genetically modified and harmful mutant strains)
- breeding and maintenance of genetically modified zebrafish (haematopoiesis, haematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), zebrafish)
- stock centre and cryopreservation programme (cryopreservation, breeding, genotyping)
- production of transgenic mice (CAGE, germline, piRNAs)
- breeding and maintenance of mutant or genetically altered animals (breeding, genetically altered, mutant)
- breeding and maintenance of gal-deficient swine (swine, heart valves, cardiovascular)
- production, breeding and cryopreservation of genetically modified mice (genetically modified, embryo sperm cryopreservation)
- breeding mutant or GA mice and embryo production (genetically altered, embryo, breeding)