This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human urogenital and reproductive disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- the pathophysiology of the overactive bladder (overactive bladder, pathophysiology, cystometry, PDE5 inhibitors)
- mechanisms in very early embryos (meiosis, reprogramming, mouse, micromanipulation)
- designing a localised drug delivery system to treat endometriosis (endometriosis, gynaecological, infertility)
- a study to identify new treatments for renal fibrosis (kidney, fibrosis, CKD)
- role of intrarenal humoral control of renal function (kidney, physiology, transport, hypertension, diabetes)