This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human sensory organ disorders (skin, eyes and ears).
The following projects were granted:
- repairing the injured retina after blunt ocular trauma (eyes, nerves, blunt trauma, neuron, death)
- circadian and photic regulation of physiology and behaviour (circadian, light, sleep, retina, ageing)
- mechanisms and treatments of eye disease (blindness, eye, vision, gene therapy)
- biocompatibility of human decellularised matrices (cornea, decellularised corneas, biocompatibility, wound healing)
- novel vitrectomy cutter: anim surgery study (ultrasonic vitrectomy technology)
- enhancing visual function in retinal disease