This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: human immune disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- infection and immunity (infection, immunology, vaccine)
- role of macrophages in neuromyelitis optica (AQP4, monocyte/macrophage, mouse, NMO, NMO-IgG)
- immuno-modulatory and inflammation research (autoimmune disease, immune system, modulation)
- allergic disease and immunomodulation by parasites (allergy, asthma, virus, parasite)
- regulation of immunity and immune-mediated disease (autoimmunity, immunotherapy, transfusion, cancer, inflammation)
- regulation of leukocyte recruitment during acute and chronic inflammation (leukocyte recruitment, rheumatoid arthritis, adiponectin-PEPITEM axis, mesenchymal stem cells, fibroblasts)