Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research: cardiovascular disorders.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: cardiovascular disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- mechanisms of heart regeneration and development (heart disease, regeneration and development)
- analysis of blood clotting in mice (platelet, thrombosis, cardiovascular, blood clot, NOX)
- pathology and prevention of vascular diseases (stroke, cerebral ischemia, diabetes, myocardial ischemia, thrombosis)
- molecular analysis of blood cell development (blood cell production)
- cardiovascular studies in the zebrafish (cardiovascular, zebrafish)
- novel tagets for pulmonary hypertension (pulmonary hypertension, artery smooth muscle)
- therapies for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (hypertension, heart failure, nitric oxide, NSAIDs)
- new treatments for peripheral arterial disease (atherosclerosis, diabetes, poor circulation, ulcer)
- models of aortic aneurysm and dissection (aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection, inflammation, biomarkers)