Non-tech. summaries 2015: projects on cardiovascular disorders
Projects granted during 2015 that have a primary purpose of translational and applied research: cardiovascular disorders.
PDF, 263KB, 30 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2015 with a primary purpose of translational and applied research: cardiovascular disorders.
The following projects were granted:
- mechanisms of heart regeneration and development (heart disease, regeneration and development)
- analysis of blood clotting in mice (platelet, thrombosis, cardiovascular, blood clot, NOX)
- pathology and prevention of vascular diseases (stroke, cerebral ischemia, diabetes, myocardial ischemia, thrombosis)
- molecular analysis of blood cell development (blood cell production)
- cardiovascular studies in the zebrafish (cardiovascular, zebrafish)
- novel tagets for pulmonary hypertension (pulmonary hypertension, artery smooth muscle)
- therapies for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (hypertension, heart failure, nitric oxide, NSAIDs)
- new treatments for peripheral arterial disease (atherosclerosis, diabetes, poor circulation, ulcer)
- models of aortic aneurysm and dissection (aortic aneurysm, aortic dissection, inflammation, biomarkers)