Non-tech. summaries 2014: projects on the respiratory system
Projects granted during 2014 that have a primary purpose of basic research on the respiratory system.
PDF, 233KB, 21 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of basic research on the respiratory system.
The following projects were granted:
- animal models of respiratory disease (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, IPF)
- genetic and cellular regulation of lung stem cells (lung; epithelium; stem cells)
- connective tissue repair, remodelling and fibrosis (scar, fibrosis, scleroderma, wound healing, vascular)
- regulation of inflammation, repair and tumourigenesis (fibrosis, inflammation, tumourigenesis, tissue repair)
- mechanisms of lung inflammation and hyperresponsiveness (inflammation, respiratory, allergic, non-allergic pharmacology)
- new therapeutics for COPD – III (COPD, tobacco smoke, pulmonary inflammation, mucociliary clearance and cough)