Projects granted during 2014 that have a primary purpose of basic research on the respiratory system.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of basic research on the respiratory system.
The following projects were granted:
- animal models of respiratory disease (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, IPF)
- genetic and cellular regulation of lung stem cells (lung; epithelium; stem cells)
- connective tissue repair, remodelling and fibrosis (scar, fibrosis, scleroderma, wound healing, vascular)
- regulation of inflammation, repair and tumourigenesis (fibrosis, inflammation, tumourigenesis, tissue repair)
- mechanisms of lung inflammation and hyperresponsiveness (inflammation, respiratory, allergic, non-allergic pharmacology)
- new therapeutics for COPD – III (COPD, tobacco smoke, pulmonary inflammation, mucociliary clearance and cough)