Non-tech. summaries 2014: projects on the immune system
Projects granted during 2014 that have a primary purpose of basic research into the immune system.
PDF, 1.25MB, 197 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of basic research into the immune system.
It contains a full list of the 57 projects that were granted.
The first 10 projects are:
- the study of immune-mediated proteases in tissue inflammation (immune-mediated, proteases, tissue inflammation, therapy)
- prevention and diagnosis of infectious diseases (neisseria; chlamydia; norovirus; vaccines ; diagnostic reagents)
- autoimmunity in immune-privileged environments (multiple sclerosis, uveitis, autoimmune disease)
- leucocyte migration and immunity (leucocytes, blood vessels, tumours, viruses)
- prevention of bacterial meningitis (vaccines, bacteria, pathogenesis, meningitis)
- antigen-specific immunotherapy (autoimmune, multiple sclerosis, T-lymphocyte, gene, immunotherapy)
- pathogenesis and control of respiratory diseases (ruminant disease; respiratory disease)
- role of innate immunity in diseases of the CNS (immunity, brain, complement, dementia, inflammation)
- pattern recognition receptors in bone remodelling (bone, immunology, receptor)
- strategies to promote foreign transplant survival (transplantation, GVHD, T cells, iNKT cells, Treg)