This document outlines the projects granted under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 during 2014 with a primary purpose of basic research into the immune system.
It contains a full list of the 57 projects that were granted.
The first 10 projects are:
- the study of immune-mediated proteases in tissue inflammation (immune-mediated, proteases, tissue inflammation, therapy)
- prevention and diagnosis of infectious diseases (neisseria; chlamydia; norovirus; vaccines ; diagnostic reagents)
- autoimmunity in immune-privileged environments (multiple sclerosis, uveitis, autoimmune disease)
- leucocyte migration and immunity (leucocytes, blood vessels, tumours, viruses)
- prevention of bacterial meningitis (vaccines, bacteria, pathogenesis, meningitis)
- antigen-specific immunotherapy (autoimmune, multiple sclerosis, T-lymphocyte, gene, immunotherapy)
- pathogenesis and control of respiratory diseases (ruminant disease; respiratory disease)
- role of innate immunity in diseases of the CNS (immunity, brain, complement, dementia, inflammation)
- pattern recognition receptors in bone remodelling (bone, immunology, receptor)
- strategies to promote foreign transplant survival (transplantation, GVHD, T cells, iNKT cells, Treg)