NHS foundation trust governors and directors: working better together
Best practice guide suggesting how NHS foundation trust governors and directors can work together.
Monitor’s guidance examines different ways of establishing strong director-governor interaction in NHS foundation trusts. The areas of best practice covered include:
- building strong relationships
- shaping an organisation’s culture and mind-set
- defining the processes and structures that work best
- helping NHS foundation trust governors meet their statutory duties
- developing NHS foundation trust governors as individuals and as a group
- the future role of NHS foundation trust governors
- advice for NHS trusts applying for NHS foundation trust status
NHS foundation trusts are not required to adopt the approaches featured in this guide. They are ideas of best practice shared by NHS foundation trusts that are considered to have good director-governor interaction.
Published 12 June 2012