- Part of:
- NHS foundation trust governors and members: documents and guidance
- 12 June 2012
- Applies to:
Best practice guide suggesting how NHS foundation trust governors and directors can work together.
Director-governor interaction in NHS foundation trusts: a best practice guide for boards of directors
PDF, 608KB, 44 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Monitor’s guidance examines different ways of establishing strong director-governor interaction in NHS foundation trusts. The areas of best practice covered include:
- building strong relationships
- shaping an organisation’s culture and mind-set
- defining the processes and structures that work best
- helping NHS foundation trust governors meet their statutory duties
- developing NHS foundation trust governors as individuals and as a group
- the future role of NHS foundation trust governors
- advice for NHS trusts applying for NHS foundation trust status
NHS foundation trusts are not required to adopt the approaches featured in this guide. They are ideas of best practice shared by NHS foundation trusts that are considered to have good director-governor interaction.
Published: 12 June 2012