New and amended Approved Documents and compliance guides to support energy efficiency requirements of the building regulations.
New and amended Approved Documents and new Building Services Compliance Guides to support the energy efficiency requirements of the Building Regulations
PDF, 73.3KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The purpose of this divisional circular letter is to bring to attention to all building control bodies and other interested parties the following guidance documents:
- new Approved Document L1A: conservation of fuel and power in new dwellings (2013)
- new Approved Document L2A: conservation of fuel and power in new buildings other than dwellings (2013)
- amendments to Approved Documents L1B: conservation of fuel and power in exsiting dwellings (2010) and Approved Documents L2B: conservation of fuel and power in existing buildings other than dwellings (2010)
- new domestic building services compliance guide (2013)
- new non-domestic building services compliance guide (2013)
The Approved Documents and building services compliance guides are available on the Planning Portal website.
The new guidance documents come into effect on 6 April 2014, subject to transitional provisions which are explained in Circular 04/2013.
Further guidance on the energy efficiency requirements
The annex to this letter provides further explanation and guidance for building control bodies on the changes to the energy efficiency requirements of the building regulations.