The purpose of this divisional circular letter is to bring to attention to all building control bodies and other interested parties the following guidance documents:
- new Approved Document L1A: conservation of fuel and power in new dwellings (2013)
- new Approved Document L2A: conservation of fuel and power in new buildings other than dwellings (2013)
- amendments to Approved Documents L1B: conservation of fuel and power in exsiting dwellings (2010) and Approved Documents L2B: conservation of fuel and power in existing buildings other than dwellings (2010)
- new domestic building services compliance guide (2013)
- new non-domestic building services compliance guide (2013)
The Approved Documents and building services compliance guides are also available.
The new guidance documents come into effect on 6 April 2014, subject to transitional provisions which are explained in Circular 04/2013.
Further guidance on the energy efficiency requirements
The annex to this letter provides further explanation and guidance for building control bodies on the changes to the energy efficiency requirements of the building regulations.