As a Defra network contractor complete this licence form to allow you to download British Geological Society digital data.
Digital data is provided by BGS through Natural England under this licence, solely for use by you - the licencee - to undertake work on behalf of Natural England.
If you would like to use BGS data in a partnership project, you need to complete the table at the bottom of the joint partnership projects document. (BGS do not require an alternative licence for joint projects)
The following data is available:
- DigMap-GB 50 onshore geology at 1:250,000 scale for Great Britain
- DigMap-GB 250 onshore geology at 1:250,000 scale for Great Britain
- DigSBS-250 offshore seabed sediment at 1:250,000 scale (full dataset)
- active mines and quarries (full dataset)
- GBASE surface and sub-surface soil for England
- DiGROCK-250 offshore bedrock data at 1:250,000 scale for England 224,715 sq km area
- superficial thickness at 1:50,000 scale for England and Wales 155,000 sq km area