Explains the government’s response to the minimum wage rate recommendations as made by the Low Pay Commission (LPC).
The LPC has recommended that the hourly rates should increase in April 2018:
- from £7.50 to £7.83 for workers aged 25 and over (the National Living Wage)
- from £7.05 to £7.38 for 21-24 year olds
- from £5.60 to £5.90 for 18-20 year olds
- from £4.05 to £4.20 for 16-17 year olds
- from £3.50 to £3.70 for apprentices aged under 19 or in the first year of their apprenticeship.
The government accepts these recommendations.