Personal tax – form

National Insurance: application for form E101 if self employed in European Economic Area (CA3837)

Use form CA3837 to apply for form E101 to confirm you remain in the UK National Insurance scheme.



Use form CA3837 if you are normally self-employed in the UK and are going to work temporarily in another country within the European Economic Area.

This form will enable HM Revenue and Customs to determine which member state’s social security legislation will apply.

Before you start

If you are using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.