MSN 1805 Navigability licences

How to a get a navigability licence for UK vessels on EC inland waters. Also lists UK waterways designated as maritime shipping lanes.


MSN 1805 Inland waters and maritime shipping lanes (navigability licences)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This notice is for all:

  • shipowners
  • operators
  • certifying authorities
  • shipbuilders
  • ship repairers
  • ship masters
  • surveyors of passenger vessels
Published 1 September 2006