Details of the contract, the number and type of mobile devices used by Department for Education, and 2012 to 2013 financial year costs.
- Date requested: 18 April 2013
- Date responded: 10 May 2013
How many mobile devices do you have? (broken down into the following categories):
- mobile broadband
What was your spend last year on mobile communications?
When is your mobile contract due for renewal?
The department has the following number of devices:
- 250 voice (mobile phones) as at 26 April 2013
- 2,462 smartphones (including BlackBerrys) as at 8 April 2013
- 2 tablets as at 8 April 2013
- 48 mobile broadband 3G dongles as at 26 April 2013
The department spent £384,130.95 (including VAT) on mobile communications during the 2012 to 2013 financial year.
The department’s mobile contract is up for renewal in September 2015.