Quarterly returns for the Department for Education's ministerial team, including details of gifts given and received, hospitality, overseas travel, and meetings with external organisations.
The Department for Education publishes quarterly details of:
- ministerial gifts given and received, valued at over £140
- all ministerial overseas travel
- all hospitality received by ministers
- all media meetings with ministers
- ministerial meetings with external organisations
Ministerial meetings with external organisations are meetings with groups, companies and organisations external to the government. They do not normally include meetings with government bodies such as other government departments, non-departmental public bodies, non-ministerial departments, agencies, government reviews and representatives of devolved or foreign governments.
The quarterly details do not include:
- light refreshments, modest meals served as an integral part of a meeting or the occasional formal working lunch
- attendance at functions hosted by the government or the royal household
- attendance at ‘diplomatic’ functions in the UK or abroad, hosted by overseas governments
- offers of hospitality which were declined