The Department for Education publishes quarterly details of:
- ministerial gifts given and received, valued at over £140
- all ministerial overseas travel
- all hospitality received by ministers
This does not include light refreshments, modest meals served as an integral part of a meeting or the occasional formal working lunch; attendance at functions hosted by the government or the royal household; attendance at ‘diplomatic’ functions in the UK or abroad, hosted by overseas governments; offers of hospitality which were declined.
- ministerial meetings with external organisations
These are meetings with groups, companies, organisations external to the government. This does not normally include meetings with government bodies such as other government departments, NDPBs, non-ministerial departments, agencies, government reviews and representatives of devolved or foreign governments.
- all media meetings with ministers