Meningitis and septicaemia: prevention and management in higher education institutions
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccination programme and Meningococcal disease: guidance, data and analysis
- First published:
- 7 November 2016
- Last updated:
- 10 January 2017, see all updates
Guidance for higher education institutions on meningoccocal disease.
This guidance covers:
- understanding invasive meningococcal disease and why freshers are at increased risk
- raising awareness of the signs and symptoms of meningitis
- encouraging all first time university entrants up to 25 years old to have the MenACWY vaccination
- planning ahead for possible case or cluster of cases of meningitis
- sourcing resources to support awareness of immunisation
- best practice for communications in the event of a suspected case of meningitis
Published: 7 November 2016
Updated: 10 January 2017
- Uploaded revised PDF which includes further detail around best practice for communications in the event of a suspected case of Meningitis.
- First published.