An agreement of the relationship between the Commission and Oxford City Council.
This memorandum of understanding (MoU) provides a framework for closer working between the Commission and Oxford City Council to assist in their respective regulatory functions.
It is intended to:
- promote a common understanding of the Commission and Oxford City Council’s responsibilities, working procedures, legal powers and constraints
- promote co-operation between the Commission and Oxford City Council staff at a strategic and operation level
- facilitate effective investigation with the objective of prevention, detection, and remedy of misconduct or mismanagement in the administration of charities or charitable funds and/or abuse of a tax relief against Oxford City Council
- ensure the effective disclosure of information in compliance with all relevant legislation
- ensure appropriate consultation on matters of relevant and significant policy initiatives to ensure that charities fully comply with their legal obligations and adopt best practice in governance and accountability