Major infrastructure planning reform: work plan
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The work plan: confirms the Government’s commitment to reforms to ensure the planning system for major infrastructure is rapid, predictable…
Ref: ISBN 9781409827221 PDF, 208KB, 13 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The work plan:
- confirms the Government’s commitment to reforms to ensure the planning system for major infrastructure is rapid, predictable and democratically accountable
- provides an update on the abolition of the Infrastructure Planning Commission and the creation of the Major Infrastructure Planning Unit within the Planning Inspectorate
- announces the establishment of a new ministerial group to drive performance and examine the effectiveness of the new major infrastructure planning regime
- confirms which Secretary of State will be responsible for decision making
- sets out a timetable for the production and designation of National Policy Statements and provides details about the process for approval of National Policy Statements