During the financial year 2017 to 2018 Magnox made significant progress, including:
- forging ahead with the closure of Bradwell Site
- continued defueling at Wylfa Site
- nuclear material transfers from Harwell Site to Sellafield
- making significant advances in hazard reduction across all our sites
Our ‘Achievements 2017 to 2018’ brochure pulls together the big steps forward in hazard reduction and delivering the mission across the 12 Magnox sites and other business improvements.
With safety at the core of the Magnox mission, the selection of illustrated case studies summarise our important achievements and the challenges that we’ve tackled, including:
- asbestos removal
- waste retrievals
- packaging and decommissioning
Tony Moore, Managing Director, said:
We can all be extremely proud of the achievements that the Magnox team has made in safe and secure decommissioning.
We will continue to build on the good work to drive the decommissioning of the Magnox sites into the future. Next year promises to be just as exciting as we continue our journey to move all our sites to closure.
Magnox Achievements 2017/18