The London and south coast rail corridor study into:
- Network Rail’s suggestions for improving rail links between London and the south coast
- assessed alternative proposals, including the:
- “BML2” concept
- reinstating the line between Lewes and Uckfield
- takes a longer-term view of passenger needs
- suggests where to invest in the network, for future passengers travel needs
The study was part of the July 2015 Budget and completed in April 2016.
The government response to the study was published 2 March 2017.