The Local Authority Insight Survey aims to discover how local authorities administer benefits and gather their points of view on current issues.
Universal Credit is a new single payment for people who are looking for work or on a low income. It aims to:
- help claimants and their families to become more independent
- simplify the benefits system by bringing together a range of working-age benefits into a single payment
This wave of the survey included the following topics:
- preparing staff, systems and claimants
- identifying vulnerable claimants
- working in partnership
- successes and challenges in preparation for Universal Credit
We are using the results to help understand how best to work with local authorities to implement Universal Credit.