Wave 25 of a regular survey that asks local authorities about benefit administration and their views on current and future policy.
Ref: ISBN 978 1 909532 70 0, RR849 PDF, 6.05MB, 150 pages
PDF, 303KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The local authority (LA) insight survey is conducted roughly every 6 to 12 months with managers who are responsible for the administration of Housing Benefit (HB) and Council Tax Benefit (CTB). It aims to:
- provide DWP with a regular means of finding out how LAs organise their benefit administration
- gauge their views on the implications of current and future policy and regulations
The report presents the findings of wave 25 of the survey, which covered the following areas:
- Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- risk based verification (RBV)
- the Benefit Cap
- Automated Transfers to Local Authority System (ATLAS)
- HB advice and wider issues
- Removal of the Spare Room Subsidy
- shared accommodation rate (SAR)
- supported accommodation
Authors: Claire Durrant, Elaine Winter and Darren Yaxley (GfK NOP)