Lloyd's underwriters: HS240 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Lloyd's underwriters and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 15 May 2017, see all updates
A guide to filling in a Lloyd's underwriters tax return.
Ref: HS240 PDF, 336KB, 9 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide will help you fill in the Self Assessment tax return for Lloyd’s underwriters. It covers:
- foreign tax
- personal stop loss
- Capital Gains Tax
- conversion to limited liability underwriting
- relief for members who have been underwriting since before 1972
- Special Reserve Funds
- exempt amounts
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 15 May 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.