Response about private finance initiative and public private partnerships procurements terminated after a preferred bidder was appointed.
This is the Department for Transport’s response to a Freedom of Information request asking about private finance initiative (PFI) and public private partnership (PPP) procurements. The request specifically asks for details of PFI and PPP procurements that were terminated after a preferred bidder was appointed. The requester asked for information on:
- bid costs claimed by the former preferred bidders and heads of claim
- sums paid to each former preferred bidder
- criteria against which decisions were made against each cost claim
- correspondence between the authority caseworkers, approvers and decision makers
- authorisations used to make or decline cost claim settlements
- guidance, policy and practice about the settlement of bid costs claims in a termination of a PFI and PPP procurement after the appointment of preferred bidders