- Companies House
- Part of:
- Companies House: guidance for limited companies, partnerships and other company types and Starting a company
- 1 June 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 November 2017, see all updates
Sets out the main requirements for incorporating a limited liability partnership (LLP) in the UK.
This guide includes information and advice about:
- how to incorporate an LLP
- choosing your LLP name including controls and restrictions
- changing your LLP name and other information
Published: 1 June 2013
Updated: 1 November 2017
- Guidance republished as HTML.
- Version 6 replaced by Version 6.1: Inserted link in chapter 1 paragraph 7 point 6 to PSC guidance page. Inserted link in chapter 1 paragraph 8 to the LLP registers guidance
- New version relating to changes brought in by the The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act.
- Version 5.4 uploaded
- Latest guidance booklet uploaded (v5.3)
- Welsh translation booklet added
- Version 5.1 replaced with Version 5.2
- Welsh translation added.
- First published.