Limited liability partnership incorporation and names
- Companies House
- Part of:
- Companies House: guidance for limited companies, partnerships and other company types and Starting a company
- 1 June 2013
- Last updated:
- 27 July 2016, see all updates
Sets out the main requirements for incorporating a limited liability partnership (LLP) in the UK.
This guide includes information and advice about how to incorporate an LLP, choosing your LLP name (including controls and restrictions), changing your LLP name and other information on incorporating an LLP in the UK.
Published: 1 June 2013
Updated: 27 July 2016
- Version 6 replaced by Version 6.1: Inserted link in chapter 1 paragraph 7 point 6 to PSC guidance page. Inserted link in chapter 1 paragraph 8 to the LLP registers guidance
- New version relating to changes brought in by the The Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act.
- Version 5.4 uploaded
- Latest guidance booklet uploaded (v5.3)
- Welsh translation booklet added
- Version 5.1 replaced with Version 5.2
- Welsh translation added.
- First published.