This publication contains three letters supporting the Chancellor’s announcement of a number of senior appointments to the Bank of England, which will strengthen and enhance the Bank’s senior team.
- a letter from the Chancellor to Andrew Tyrie informing the Treasury Select Committee of the appointments
- two letters between the Chancellor and the Governor of the Bank of England confirming the appointments
- Her Majesty The Queen has agreed, on the recommendation of the Chancellor and Prime Minister, to appoint Anthony Habgood as the Chairman of Court from 1 July 2014
- Her Majesty The Queen has agreed, on the recommendation of the Chancellor and Prime Minister, to appoint Dr Ben Broadbent as Deputy Governor of the Bank of England with responsibility for Monetary Policy, commencing on 1 July 2014
- the Chancellor and Governor have agreed to appoint Dr Nemat Shafik as Deputy Governor of the Bank of England responsible for Markets and Banking, from 1 August 2014