Support for companies affected by flooding

Updated 6 March 2017

1. Introduction

If any company is unable to file accounts on time as a direct result of the floods, they should contact Companies House before the end of the filing period and we will agree an extension of filing time.

For those affected companies that are unable to apply for an extension of filing time and file their accounts late, please contact us, provide us with the details and we will investigate accordingly.

If you require any help with regard to filing please contact us on 0303 1234 500.

Further information about late filing penalty (LFP) appeals can be found in our LFP Appeals Manual.

Don’t forget that our online filing service is available 24/7 for the submission of information.

2. If you’re not able to file accounts on time due to the flooding

You can ask us for more time to file as long as you do so before the end of the filing period.

3. If you have no access to a computer to file your accounts or to contact us

Contact us by telephone, but we will need as much detail from you as possible.

4. If you have been issued with a late filing penalty.

We do not have discretion over the issue of a penalty, we are only able to decide whether or not to collect it.

5. What you can do about the late filing penalty once it has been issued

If your company’s ability to file its accounts on time was affected by the flooding, then we will look favourably on any appeal.

6. What you can do if your annual return is due/overdue but cannot file it due to the flooding.

Contact us and we will do what we are able to help you.