This publication was withdrawn on
The Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) has replaced JSP 886 as the authority for defence support chain policy and can be accessed through the Defence Gateway.
This publication provides specific defence joint supply chain policy, regulation, guidance and procedures for the commodity ranges of items.
JSP 886 volume 6 instructions define the policy, related procedures and processes:
- for effective management of service munitions across the full spectrum of defence
- management of fuels, lubricants and gases (FL&G) in the MOD
- for the demand, issue and disposal of operational ration packs (ORP) for operations and training
- to enable the efficient and effective management of clothing, including aircrew protection and survival clothing
- for the provision, supply, management, servicing, repair and disposal of medical, dental, veterinary and service dog materiel
- to ensure that MOD owned or leased vehicles will be correctly registered and managed to satisfy UK legislation and MOD management and budgetary controls
- to explain the supply accounting procedures for explosives at air consumer units
Published: 3 January 2012
Updated: 8 January 2015
- Added revised part 6.
- Added upated parts 2 and 7.
- Added updated part 6.
- Added updated part 5.
- Updated 'JSP 886: Vol 6, Part 6: supply of medical, dental and veterinary equipment in the joint supply chain' to version 2.4 and 'JSP 886: Vol 6, Part 7: registered numbered equipment policy' to version 2.1.
- Updated Part 5 'clothing'.
- Added updated version for part 1.
- Added new version of Part 6.
- Added updated part 6 v2.2 and new part 7 v2.0.
- Added updated parts 2 and 5.
- Added parts 2 v2.3 and 5 v2.11
- Removed 300
- Added part 5 Clothing (version 2.10). Removed part 7 which has been cancelled.
- Added updated Part 4
- Added updated part 6
- Added updated part 2
- Replaced part 2 and part 5 with updated versions
- First published.