- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA): forms and guidance and Road safety
- 29 April 2012
- Last updated:
- 3 October 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
How cars are inspected when they're being approved under the Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) scheme to make sure they're safe to be used.
PDF, 3.01MB, 308 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This inspection manual is used by DVSA examiners, vehicle presenters and anyone who wants to familiarise themselves with the requirements and procedures of testing passenger vehicles (vehicle category M1) under the IVA scheme.
Published: 29 April 2012
Updated: 3 October 2016
- Updated the Individual Vehicle Approval inspection manual for passenger vehicles.
- First published.