- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA): forms and guidance and Road safety
- 30 April 2012
- Last updated:
- 29 October 2014, see all updates
- Applies to:
- England, Scotland, and Wales
How trailers are inspected when they're being approved under the Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) scheme to make sure they're safe to be used.
PDF, 1.93MB, 133 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This inspection manual is used by DVSA examiners, vehicle presenters and anyone who wants to familiarise themselves with the requirements and procedures of testing trailers (vehicle categories 01, 02, 03 and 04) under the IVA scheme.
Published: 30 April 2012
Updated: 29 October 2014
- Update to IVA inspection manual
- A concession for Lateral protection systems on Centre Axle Trailers, has been added to the Time Bound Concessions part of the Version Control section.
- Latest version of the manual reflects changes in processes.
- A draft copy of the new version of the manual is a now available to view.
- First published.