The IPCC seeks experts to serve in the Task Group on Data Support for Climate Change Assessments (TG-Data), either as co-chairs or as members of the Group.
The purpose of the TG-Data is to:
provide guidance to the IPCC’s Data Distribution Centre (DDC) in order to provide curation, transparency, traceability and stability of data and scenarios related to the reports of the IPCC
facilitate, in cooperation with the DDC, the availability and consistent use of climate change related data and scenarios in support of the implementation of the work programme of the IPCC
facilitate in cooperation with the DDC the availability and use of climate change related data resulting from the activities of the IPCC in accordance with the mandate of the IPCC
The TG-DATA group will be composed of approximately 12 members, and not more than 15. The composition of the TG-DATA shall aim to reflect to the extent possible:
- the range of scientific, technical and socio-economic views and expertise as needed to fulfil its role and responsibilities
- geographical representation, experts from developed and developing countries and from countries with economies in transition
- a mixture of experts with and without previous experience in IPCC
- gender balance
- experts with a background from relevant stakeholder and user groups
The Terms of Reference and Mandate available on this page provides further information on the Task Group.
How to apply
- complete the nomination form and return in .xls or .ods format
- provide a CV in .pdf format
- send to email@example.com by midnight, Tuesday 7 August 2018
The UK Focal Point will submit nominations meeting expertise criteria to the IPCC. Members of the TG-Data will be selected by the IPCC Bureau.
BEIS is unable to guarantee travel and subsistence support for attendance at relevant meetings. A level of assistance may be considered, once other reasonable potential avenues of sources of support, such as the applicant’s employer, have been exhausted. Applicants may seek such support from the team of the UK IPCC Focal Point by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the process.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis only after formal invitation from the IPCC has been received.