This plan covers our objectives for the next three years, and specifically our targets for the forthcoming year. The plan explains the activities we will undertake to help achieve the goals and outcomes described in the Corporate Strategy which was published in January 2016.
With this plan, alongside the five year strategy ‘Making Life Better by Supporting UK Creativity and Innovation’, we have set out a strong vision for the future of IP and our role in creating it.
Within government, the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) is responsible for ensuring that the IP system supports innovation and economic growth; it works for businesses and consumers; and supports the transfer of knowledge. This is expressed in our mission: dedicated to giving everyone the confidence to make best use of IP.
The plan sets out what we will do:
- delivering quality rights granting services in the face of ever increasing demand, including new digital services;
- keeping IP relevant following the UK’s decision to leave the EU
- our role in the UK’s Industrial Strategy, which has set a clear direction for government policy in pursuit of economic growth right across the country
- retaining a global outlook, improving the global IP system and helping our exporters; and
- leading the effective enforcement that must underpin all IP rights
Looking inward, there is a recognition that the IPO has a committed workforce and we are committed to them and that driving for ever greater efficiency, and measuring it, should be built into everything we do.
Our previous Corporate plan 2016 - 2019 is available.